Friday 30 March 2007

"Students object to the changes on the UCAS application form"

This, from the Independent:

Students object to the changes on the UCAS application form

UCAS is planning to ask university applicants for more details of their background. Lucy Tobin reports

Published: 29 March 2007

The plan by UCAS, the university admissions service, to require applicants to record whether their parents went to university is deeply worrying to today's students. I probably wouldn't even be here under the proposed new admissions procedure," says Sara Carr, 21, an undergraduate at Cambridge University. "I went to a private school, both my parents went to university - and I'm middle class. I think it's terrible that, if I had applied via the new UCAS form, universities might allow my background to overshadow the A-levels I worked so hard for."

Continues...


And lots more here: http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&ned=uk&ie=UTF-8&q=ucas+applicants+parents

No comments: